Monday, November 30, 2009

last day of November

One of the best parts of our Thanksgiving week was our house guests. My parents were here for a week, and one of my brothers was here for 2 nights

Bobby and my dad waiting on the pie to bake.




My Mom's celebrated her birthday at our house. Nina made her a "turkey" instead of a birthday cake - cute, huh?
It has a mini watermelon for the base, a funny pear for the head, cheese, grapes and bell peppers on skewers for the feathers.







The week before Thanksgiving week, I sewed new stockings for Christmas 2009. I used a pattern I printed free from a blog and all the fabrics were from my mom. I had so many nice fabric prints, I got a little carried away and sewed up 13 stockings - way more than we have family members. I will add names to the cuffs with iron on letters leftover from t-shirt projects from when Jimmy and Nina were in college.






I packed away all the fall decorations but will wait a while to put up Christmas things, except for this new wreath. My brother made it for me, I think this is the 3rd year he's made a fresh Christmas wreath for me. It is really pretty and it smells so good too.

video
This year's wreath even has lights on it - my video is not so hot but you can see how cute it looks blinking.

7 comments:

  1. The post says why this blog's title is "A Home with a Smile". Might be one of the happiest families in the world. Thanks for warm post.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a fun Thanksgiving you had. That apple pie looks delicious!! Love your mother's birthday cake - how cute! Feel free to send some of those extra stockings my way! LOL!! They are adorable!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You have been busy! The apple pie looks so good that now I feel the need to go bake one. :D The stockings are adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  4. It sounds like you were busy, but oh so happy, over this past Thanksgiving holiday! :) I'm glad you got to spend it with your loved ones. Those pies look delicious... yum! I also love the new stockings you created. They're so adorable and just perfect for the upcoming holiday. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. That cake is very cute!!!!
    I love your stockings. I have only gotten 3 made. I keep trying.... Maybe I'll get some more made by Christmas.

    ReplyDelete
  6. It sounds like your Thanksgiving was about perfect! I love the turkey, too-very creative. I, too, adore the smell of pine.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Rhonda...it looks as if you've already been busy baking! That pie looks PERFECT!! Just like it should, all plump and juicy!!
    Warmly,
    Tracey
    P.S. Love the turkey cake ;) ... also am lovin' the stockings!!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for spending some time and leaving a comment at A Home With A Smile.