Thursday, November 5, 2009

I wanted a few plants....

We are trying to eat healthier and just be healthier. I've been reading some magazines and books, every "healthy" type home advice says a home needs some houseplants to help clean the air.
So I thought I would get a few.


My parents have a lot of plants on their patio and Dad gave me a mixture of ones he had started.
So I brought them home and divided them up, repotting in them pots we already had.


I thought the plants needed some extra sunshine, so I swapped out the pink toile curtains that are usually in this nook for some fruit and floral print valances were hanging there before the toile.





Dad's plants gave us a nice assortment.

Then the day before we went to OKC last week for Jeff's VA appt., I got a B1G1F coupon for houseplants from Home Depot.
If you know me, you know I love good coupons. So we stopped at Home Depot. And not only did I have that good coupon, they had lots of nice hardy looking plants on clearance for 5/$10.
So of course, I picked out 5 more.



I guess our air will be lots cleaner now :)

9 comments:

  1. Hi Rhonda,
    Looks like you have a good start on a jungle there. LOL Ok fess up is that booster chair for sweet Theo? LOL If so I know Miss Candi will think she needs one. LOL
    Hugs,
    Elizabeth

    ReplyDelete
  2. How fun! I love houseplants! You can't beat a coupon and free from dad! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have to settle for a couple of fake items as my cat will eat any houseplant I have. Heck, he even tries to eat the fake ones!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love coupons from HD! Real houseplants really add something to a room! You got a really nice assortment and I like the pots that you chose!

    Manuela

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love plants but over the years have gotten rid of most of them. I think they look nice in a house. I do have a bamboo plant that was my grandmas and I got it when she died in 2008.
    Then I have my grandparents mother-in-law tongue that I need to divide down with my 2 sisters.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Rhonda!
    I've been wanting to add some more houseplants to our house too.
    Do you happen to know the name of any of them? They are all pretty and I like the pots you chose too.
    xo
    Chrissie

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love your plants! Especially the ones from your parents. I could share some aloe plants with you too!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for spending some time and leaving a comment at A Home With A Smile.