Friday, June 1, 2007

Breakfast Biscuits

Jeff works 10 hours shifts and takes a lunch box full of snacks and his noon meal every day. One of his favorites things is sausage biscuits. Whenever we have leftovers on the weekend, I make the extras into sandwiches and freeze them. We have not had biscuits for breakfast lately so I made up a double batch of sandwiches "from scratch like Sandra Lee" this morning. I used 2 cans of Grands biscuits and 2 pounds of sausage. The sausage was cut into 16 pieces and made into flat patties. I baked the biscuits and cooked the sausage.
Then I made them into 16 breakfast sandwiches. I love it when everything comes out even too.
Each sandwich was put into a Ziploc sandwich bag and put in the freezer, just 15 of them made it to the freezer though. I had one for my breakfast and it was pretty yummy.
Saving the Box Tops for Education for my grand-nieces in Arkansas.

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for the idea ~ my dh packs his lunch and snacks too, and he happens to love sausage biscuits. I might have to make some up and freeze them like this.
    :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for spending some time and leaving a comment at A Home With A Smile.