Saturday, December 1, 2007

Christmas dishes - less is more

I have long wanted a set of pretty Christmas dishes. Two years ago I found this little set of china plates at a thrift store for $1. They are so sweet and old fashioned. I get them out at the first of December and they sit on the counter top all season, and get used every time we have a little dessert or breakfast toast or a sandwich at lunch.
I like this little set so much, I no longer think I need a complete set of seasonal dishes - a complete set would take up so much room and cost a lot more than $1.
In this case, less is more, really!

2 comments:

  1. Love the little plates - quite agree often less is more and the chocolate cake looks scrummy.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just have tiny bits of Christmas dishes too. They work perfectly with my regular dishes colorwise and add that bit of festive cheer. I am as always amazed at the great bargains you always find.

    ~~ Heidi ~~

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for spending some time and leaving a comment at A Home With A Smile.