Monday, June 30, 2008

A Year of Savings - the year is half over!



I started 2008 with a goal to spend $100 on groceries and all household spending. As I added last weeks shopping totals to my yearly totals, I saw it was week 26 so that means that 2008 is half done already.

While I had hoped to have lower spending totals, I seem to be averaging about $108 in spending and about $45 in coupons each week. At the first of the year, prices were already starting to inflate and I continue to be surprised by how much. Inflation has caused my spending to be higher in 2 ways. One is because most all prices are higher. The other is that when I do find good deals, I tend to stockpile items we will need and use because I know they will just cost more if I wait and buy them later.

1 comment:

  1. Rhonda - I think you are doing a good job. I had not shopped for groceries since April and was shocked at how much everything was in the grocery store yesterday! There were lots of bare shelves too. Susan

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for spending some time and leaving a comment at A Home With A Smile.