Monday, May 4, 2009

new way to make pizza






Did any of you send for the freebie booklet from Fleischmans yeast about a month or so ago? the offer is expired now but the author has cookbook for sale
I got mine last week and tried the pizza crust Saturday.
All the recipes have a long rising time but require no kneading at all. They mix up very quickly, once you read through all the directions.
I scanned the pizza crust recipe, click on each picture to enlarge if you want to read all the recipe details.
I just made half of the recipe and it made 1 thin crust 12 inch pizza. The dough was thin and crispy, and closer to restaurant style pizza than any other homemade dough I've ever tried - and I have made a lot of pizzas.
This recipe would be very nice for working mothers who will be gone all day, they could stir it up in a minute before they leave for work and then have dough waiting on them when they get home.
Here is my shorter version
no knead pizza crust - I mixed mine up right after breakfast on Saturday and then we had it for supper that night
3 Cups all purpose flour - 15 ounces - I did weigh mine but am not sure it is necessary
generous 1 1/4 t salt
1/2 t Fleiscmann's RapidRise Yeast - I think this brand is important
scant 1 1/2 Cup Ice Water
1 T olive oil - plus a little more for brushing dough
In a large bowl, stir together flour, salt and yeast.
Vigorously stir in ice water, scraping down sides, just until blended.
Stir in olive oil, just until blended.
This whole process should just take a minute or so.
Leave the dough in the mixing bowl, but brush it all over with a little olive oil.
Cover with plastic wrap.
Refrigerate for about 4 hours.
Then take it out, and let it rise on the counter the rest of the afternoon.
Punch down and pat out onto a lightly greased baking stone.
Top with a little sauce, cheese and toppings of your choice.
Bake in a preheated 475 degree oven until done - 15 or so minutes.

3 comments:

  1. I was just saying I wanted to find a yummy homemade pizza dough recipe, I wonder if I didn't roll it thin, if it would be a thicker dough?? I am going to try it, thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have the author's book and love it. The breads are so easy to make and turn out wonderfully.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you for sharing this! I have a lot of mozzarella cheese to use up and wanted to make a quick pizza for Mike and Rosie...this sounds like the perfect crust. Thanks again!!
    Warmly,
    Tracey

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for spending some time and leaving a comment at A Home With A Smile.