Saturday, February 3, 2007

Simple soups for cold days



We are in the middle of an usually cold winter in Oklahoma. We have already had 2 heavy snowfalls and 1 sleet storm that left 5 inches of solid frozen sleet on the ground. We don't have any new snow right now but the wind is blowing making the windchill -10 degrees.
So, this is perfect soup weather. I made 2 pots of soup for lunch. One is a family favorite-hamburger soup. The one advantage to having an empty nest is I can put any vegetables I like in the soup and no one complains. I also made a new potato soup recipe with cream cheese, carrots and corn. It was good but not as good as my old recipe.
The leftover soup will be so nice to have to our lunches this coming week too.

1 comment:

Thank you so much for spending some time and leaving a comment at A Home With A Smile.