Friday, December 14, 2007

Homemade gifts

I love getting hand made gifts and today I was blessed with 2 very special ones. My brother, the bachelor professor, sent this box to me with Jimmy today. The box is really large and I could not even imagine what could be in it.
This beautiful hand made wreath!
It is truly gorgeous and this picture does not do it justice. And it smells as good as it looks.

These treats are a yearly tradition from our good friend, Miss Connie. The assortment varies just a little but always includes homemade candy, homemade hot chocolate mix with marshmallows and zucchini bread. It all tastes just as good as it looks too.

Sometimes I am hesitant to give home made things and I guess some people don't appreciate them, but I truly love both of these gifts and like them better than anything from the mall.

And I am sure I will remember them longer too. So if you are wondering about a gift to give, make some candy or a wreath, as long as you put some love in it, the receiver will be love it too.


3 comments:

  1. You are right. Homemade gifts are so much better. Now, I'll have a piece of that fudge, please. Thank you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yum, that hot cocoa that you sent to my house is yum-o! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I just gained 5 lbs and my blood sugar went up 20 points just looking at the picture! Homemade gifts are so wonderful, they are from the heart.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for spending some time and leaving a comment at A Home With A Smile.