Wednesday, June 24, 2009

Works for me Wednesday

Align Center

See the plastic lids I use on most of the storage jars in our pantry? They are sold with the canning supplies and are available now. Walmart sells them, but only in the spring and early summer, when their canning supplies are slightly expanded.

I like to use both the regular and wide mouth.
Most of my assorted jars are thrifted and usually come with the metal lids and rings, but I don't really care to use the metal ones for storage. They sometimes rust in the dishwasher and are just more difficult than the one piece plastic ones.

I got 2 new boxes yesterday. The regular ones were $2.28 and the wide mouth were $2.72.
I am sure other stores sell them.
Wal-mart is the main store in my town and easiest for me to shop in.

Click here for lots more Works for Me Wednesday tips.


7 comments:

  1. I bought some of those plastic lids recently. I make a homemade body scrub and put it in mason jars. The metal lids rust in the shower, so I was thrilled to find the plastic lids!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is good to know! Much easier and cleaner than the two part metal ones! I'm going to put these on my shopping list!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have never heard of these! THanks for sharing, I will be looking for these at my next trip to Walmart

    ReplyDelete
  4. I really like the plastic lids as well. I've had mine for several years, so I'm glad to know I can pick up some more. Mine are starting to yellow a little! Also, I loved the post with the boys in the basket. That was too cute!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love these jar lids! I didn't know they made such things and at Wal-Mart!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I really like useing these lids too. I found them awhile ago and use them all the time for my freezer items.

    ReplyDelete
  7. New to your blog and I love it! Thanks for sharing this idea about the jar lids. I'm on my way to Wal-mart to get me some. Neat idea to use Mason jars for storage.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for spending some time and leaving a comment at A Home With A Smile.