Wednesday, July 8, 2009

Insul-brite for potholders

Several ladies asked about how I filled the pot holders. I've been using a product called Insul-brite. It is a heat resistant fleece batting and really does make the potholders safe to use.
It is very easy to work with. It is silver-ish on one side and white on the other. The instructions say to use 2 layers with the silver facing outside on both.
I got mine at Hobby Lobby. It is sold by the yard with the other bolts of fleece for quilt projects.
I've been looking online and also found it on Ebay, Hancocks, Nancy's and even Amazon. So I think most every fabric store sells it.
The last time I bought it, I got several yards at Hobby Lobby and used one of their 40% off coupons that they frequently offer.

2 comments:

  1. Hi Rhonda,
    I use this all the time. I love it. I first ordered it from Nancy's Now I get it at the store.
    Hugs,
    Elizabeth

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Rhonda. I'll head to Hobby Lobby for the pot holder filler.

    Hugs,
    Gretchen

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for spending some time and leaving a comment at A Home With A Smile.