Friday, July 10, 2009

Summer fun with my grandparents

I'm posting some more of the black and white photos I borrowed from my mom. Most of them are from the 1940's, right around World War 2.



Aunt Evelyn and a friend sitting on the front porch of the farm house.

Doesn't this picnic look like fun? I think Grandpa is wearing a necktie!
It looks like they are drinking iced tea in real glass glasses too.
A bike on the farm.



The girl with the bicycle is a visiting friend that came to the farm often with Aunt Bernice.
In the background is my grandma, my mom, Uncle Cecil and Uncle Bill.

I guess they all talked Grandma into posing on the bicycle.



And Grandpa tried it out too.


Aunt Bernice with the farm dog.

2 comments:

  1. Ah, the good old days, when life was simpler. What great photos! Thanks for sharing.

    Jane

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love your photos! I bet we all have some of those hiding in an album just waiting for someone to pull them out!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for spending some time and leaving a comment at A Home With A Smile.