Tuesday, March 6, 2007

Craft room organization

Because we are empty-nesters living in a 4 bedroom home, I am blessed to have one bedroom devoted to just my sewing and craft supplies and activities. But I have worked away from home more hours than I prefer to over the last 12 months and this room really needed a clear-out and organization.
While looking over some blogs yesterday, I came across this blog and her recent fabric refolding.

I know there is a way to put a link here but I am not yet savvy enough to do it. The blog is http://TheHappyZombie.com/blog/?p=124


The method is really easy and after folding several pieces, I was able to do many more just by sight without the ruler. Folding the fabric all this same way makes it easy to see and a very compact way to store lots of fabric.




After the fabric, I pulled everything else out of the closet. Of course there is a big pile to get rid of but I was able to get all my craft and sewing things back into the closet. Everything is visible and easy to get to.
I found 4 pieces of toile I did not remember having so those will be on the top of my to-do list. I also found some plastic canvas Easter projects, some finished and some almost finished.


1 comment:

  1. Your craft room looks great. I really need to do this to. I have boxes and boxes stacked up on top of each other and the one I need is always on the bottom! I need shelves!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for spending some time and leaving a comment at A Home With A Smile.