Thursday, September 6, 2007

Our favorite pot-luck dish

I make these stuffed eggs often and I always take them to any covered dish or potluck event we go to. My family thinks we should have them at every family meal too.
I make the filling a little bit different from standard deviled eggs, it is more like egg salad. For every 5 eggs that I boil, I boil one extra and mash the whole egg in with the filling. The rest of the ingredients are standard, just mayo, mustard, salt and pepper.
When I put the filling back in, I use a one-inch scoop and it works beautifully.

The Frankhoma plate belonged to my husbands grandparents. We got it in 1991 and every stuffed egg I have made since then has been served on this plate.

Stuffed eggs are a very thrifty choice for side dishes too. Just be sure to plan ahead a little, I like the eggs to be at least a week old so they peel easier.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for spending some time and leaving a comment at A Home With A Smile.