Monday, November 26, 2007

Black Friday Shopping & Soup for Thanksgiving Sunday

This shows a few things I got at the thrift store in my hometown. I am one of the few people who did no Black Friday retail shopping.
I really like the little vintage angel ornanments and the jingle bells. Nina might want the turtle pencil holder, she used to have a thing for turtles, but she might just think it is really silly.
I was especially happy to find the jars, they are the 2 quart size and very nice for food storage in the pantry.



We had a great time Thanksgiving. Jeff and I traveled to the Texarkana area to visit our families. Texarkana is a twin city and Jeff's parents live on the Arkansas side. My family lives in a small town in Texas just 20 miles from his parents. Our children all traveled in their own vehicles and they all had safe trips getting there and then back to their homes.
Silly me, I never once got out my camera to take pictures!
We had lots of wonderful food, visited lots and watched some good football games.
When we got home, we were ready for something lighter to eat. So I made vegetable beef soup that cooked in the crockpot while we were at church.
Simple crockpot soup

a very scant pound of stew meat, cut into small pieces and browned
3 chopped potatoes
1/2 small onion diced
2 carrots, diced
about 1 cup of shredded cabbage
1 cup of corn
15 ounce can chopped tomatoes
2 cans of beef broth

just stir together in the crockpot, add a little salt and pepper and cook on high for 3-4 hours.
I also baked a pan of cornbread and it was a very tasty lunch.






3 comments:

  1. Hey! I didn't shop either! NO WAY, JOSE! What time is dinner? Looks yummy.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't blame you Rhonda. I don't live back home but I would never think of going out to shop on Black Friday. I do really love your thrift shop finds!

    ~~ Heidi ~~

    ReplyDelete
  3. That sounds so yummy! I love your thrifty treasures. The Secret Life of Bees is good. I like her stuff.

    Cheers! LA

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for spending some time and leaving a comment at A Home With A Smile.