Thursday, October 25, 2007

This week's sewing

I have been happily sewing this week. I made 4 polka dot place mats, the fabric was from the $1 a bag full rummage sale.
Recovered 4 sofa pillows with thrift store fabric.
Table cloth and pillows from thrift store fabrics.
I recently moved this table in to the living room in front of the fireplace and for now, I really like it there.

Apron for a gift in November.

I also made 8 criss cross coasters in browns for Jimmy but forgot to take a picture of them before he left.

The strip piece quilt I started a few weeks ago has been getting lots of attention, I think it is up to 25 completed squares.

Such sweet compliments from you all! I am blushing!

Heidi, my mother crochets lots and she gave me 3 large bubble-gum pink doilies. I am always switching them around.

Juliean, I would love to share a cup a tea with you too. And all of you sweet readers.

I think blog-world is so nice, especially for us homemakers as we share our homes and appreciate other's homes and the works of their hands.

7 comments:

  1. Love that punch of red on your sofa! Looks so cozy for winter!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Everything looks wonderful--your home is so cozy----I would love to have a cup of coffee at the table in front of the fire place with you--getting all sort of sewing tips:)

    Julieann

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow you've been busy - just cute things you've turned out! I love the table cloth and the placemats best! But the apron is just adorable! I keep hoping Santa will buy me a sewing machine, but I don't think he's listening. LOL

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love your items! Did you do the curtains in the kitchen area to? Love them with the white shutters! Hey, good looking kids - way to go! Love, Esther

    ReplyDelete
  5. You've really accomplished a lot since you got your machine back. It all looks great! I can just see you bent over the machine "happily sewing"!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I loved looking into your home Rhonda. You have been very busy! Everything looks so nice. Did you make the cute pink doily on the table also? It works so well with the polka dot placemats. Isn't it fun to give your home your own personal touch by using homemade things? I can't wait to see more of your quilt!

    ~~ Heidi ~~

    ReplyDelete
  7. Gosh I love the new items you've created they make the room look new :o) Have just come across your blog, lovely to read your posts, will be back again to visit :o)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for spending some time and leaving a comment at A Home With A Smile.