Sunday, October 5, 2008

Menus for Week October 6





Monday
Pizza and salad

Tuesday
Black Bean Tamale Pie and Mexican Rice

Black Bean Tamale Pie Recipe added for LindaNuts request
1 can black beans rinsed and drained
1 can corn, drained
1 can tomatoes (I use Rotel brand)
1 cup salsa
12 corn tortillas
1 cup grated cheddar cheese
heat oven to 350.
grease a 7x11 or 13x9 baking dish. ( I usually use the 7X11 but it an odd size pan)
mix together beans, corn, tomatoes and salsa.
cover bottom of dish with 6 tortillas.
top with half of the bean mixture.
add another layer of 6 tortillas.
top with rest of bean of mixture.
Cover with foil and bake for 30 minutes.
Remove foil, top with cheese and bake for 10 more minutes.

This slices like lasagna. I like to top mine with a little sour cream. It is
wonderful reheated for lunch the next day too.

Wednesday
Vegetable Beef Soup

Thursday
Black eye Peas with ham and rice, fried squash

Friday
Chili with baked potatoes

Saturday
Hamburgers or Ribs from the freezer

Sunday
Cornflake Chicken Strips

2 comments:

  1. sounds good to me. you got a recipe for the black bean tamale?

    a fellow menu planner

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yummy menu! I think I'll add chilli and baked potato to my menu for next week. Thanks for the idea!

    Manuela

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for spending some time and leaving a comment at A Home With A Smile.