Thursday, October 23, 2008

thrift store stuff

I made the rounds at our 5 local thrift stores this week. I did not buy much and I plan to change most all of it. But Jimmy asked me in an email what I bought, so here it is!
I plan on painting the turkey like Em's. He cost 75 cents.
The table may get painted black to go by the front door. It was $7,
The salt shaker may get made into a tassel like Manuella shows how. It was 10 cents.
The little white pitcher will work for a small bud vase. It was 25 cents.

and the lavender mug I got for 10 cents, but it is already in the trash. As I filled it with my hot tea this morning , it cracked in 3 places and the tea gushed out on to the counter top. I am sure glad I was not holding it when it broke.

3 comments:

  1. Lovely finds. Thank goodness you weren't holding that mug!!

    Julieann

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can't wait to see your turkey painted! Sorry about your mug... i it broke it probably had some weird chemicals in it you wouldnt have wanted to drink anyway ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've been searching for a turkey just like this! Can't wait to see how it looks newly painted.

    Jenny

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for spending some time and leaving a comment at A Home With A Smile.