Sunday, August 10, 2008

Menus for last week and this week

My menu planning is off track because we were traveling for a few days so this week, I planned for about 10 days. I try to keep our pantry, fridge and freezer stocked so I usually have the ingredients for lots of meals. But menu planning makes it all so much easier. I don't have to cook the planned menus and can change the order around. But having a game plan takes the decision making stress way and I am enjoying cooking even more.


I make old-fashioned mashed potatoes instead of the way the recipe suggest though, and add more vegetable to the meat mixture.
Pizza on 1/2 recipe of focaccia bread crust with a big green salad
Burgers with fried okra
Crispy Lemon Chicken with rice, and more fried okra, cucumbers and onions, cantalope and cinnamon rolls
Nina and John will be here for this Sunday evening meal
BLTs
Pork Roast with cabbage and hot rolls
Mexicali Pie
Pinto Beans with Mexican cornbread
I use this recipe, but I don't brown them. I just put them the meatballs in the baking dish, cover with the tomato mixture.
Meatloaf
Jimmy requested meatloaf sandwiches before he goes back to law school.
Quiche Lorraine

1 comment:

Thank you so much for spending some time and leaving a comment at A Home With A Smile.