Wednesday, August 6, 2008

Paper organizer for the kitchen

I belong to a few discussion - friendship groups on Yahoogroups.com. On one of the lists geared toward homemaking, we talked about recycling trash into useful home items. I told them about this organizer I made years ago and Tracey want to see pictures. It is a very low-cost craft. Start with a large flat style Priority Mail carton. Cut it diagonally through the middle and seal the ends. Glue the 2 box pieces together and that will be the base.
Side view
Cover the outside (I used fabric)
Cover the inside (I used scrap book paper)
Put 4 feet on the bottom (I used wood door handles)
Now, you are ready to organize your papers!

6 comments:

  1. What a clever and useful, low cost craft! I think this would be perfect to hold the monthly birthday/anniversary cards on my desk.

    ReplyDelete
  2. How cute is that! Thanks for sharing!
    ~Jen

    ReplyDelete
  3. How cute is this! Right down to the wooden doorknobs. I love the combination of the fabric and the scrapbooking paper.

    Hugs ~
    Heidi

    ReplyDelete
  4. You are so smart! Can you share some of that creative brain with me?!!! LOL I like this.

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is a very cute craft. I have gave you a trackback link on my Make It Yourself Monday.

    http://tidbitsoftammy.blogspot.com/2008/08/make-it-yourself-monday_11.html

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow! Your crafty too! I think you are awesome!!!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for spending some time and leaving a comment at A Home With A Smile.