Wednesday, August 6, 2008

Christmas in August

I just finished a Christmas swap with Sharon, an online friend I met on YahooGroups. com Christmas list. My box came today and Sharon really spoiled me! She is a very prolific cross stitcher and she made this great ornament with my initials at the bottom.
The cardinal is a rubber stamp and Sharon did not know that both my grandmothers were fond of birds and one was especially fond of cardinals.
A group picture of part of it, sweet smelling Santa sachet, leather bookmark, Santa stocking with 2 skeins of DMC, a needle punch kit, Christmas purse tissues, ribbon, stickers, a candle, vintage cards and a peppermint ornament

A beautiful Christmas pillow, stitched my Sharon. It looks perfect on our green sofa too.
Gorgeous Santa toile fabric - I love toile, and have toile in every room in my home! Everything in the box was wrapped in toile tissue paper too.
Thanks so very much, Sharon!
more about swaps, I have only participated in swaps with people I "know" and they are really fun. (not frugal, just in case you think I only do frugal things, but so much fun) I have read about other swaps online that sound great too if anyone else is interested.
Jenny has been talking a fall swap at her blog, Lipstick and Laundry.
I've also read about some great swaps from Leigh Ann at No Place Like Home

3 comments:

  1. I can see why you felt spoiled Rhonda. This is a wonderful swap package and her stitching is just beautiful. Great to celebrate Christmas in the heat of August.

    Hugs ~
    Heidi

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am so envious of your beautiful stichery from Sharon! She is so extremely talented!! I know her items will be loved in your home! Susan

    ReplyDelete
  3. She did spoil you! love it all.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for spending some time and leaving a comment at A Home With A Smile.