Sunday, August 17, 2008

A Year of Savings - Walgreens and lunchbags



We stopped at Walgreens on our way home church.
Skippy is on sale for 6 for $10 and it gives a $4 Register Reward. Todays papers have 40 cents coupons too.
Garnier hair color is $4.99 and I used a $3 coupon on each.

When I put breading on vegetables, like cornmeal on yellow squash slices, I used to put them in a low-priced Ziploc type bag. But plastic bags are made from petroleum so they cost a lot more and don't seem to be on sale much.

I spent most of last week cleaning out and organizing my craft room. With the gift wrapping stuff, I found this package of brown paper lunch bags, don't know when I got them, and I used one just now for the squash we are having for lunch. It worked great.

It is great to get things you need at great price and it can be even better to just use things you already have. I think both of these are the keys to staying on a budget.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for spending some time and leaving a comment at A Home With A Smile.