Monday, February 23, 2009

Monday morning to-do list

I don't think I have told you all, my friends already know, but I am no longer employed. I was very frustrated with my job and when Jeff and I worked out a budget on his income, we saw it would work. I left my job the middle of January and so far, we are both very happy with arrangement and our finances seem to stretching even farther.
The first couple of weeks I was home, I pretty much just rested and did things I wanted to do. Then for about 3 weeks, we had different houseguests and I've had a few health issues and have not felt 100%.

But today is a new week, I feel better than I have in 2 weeks and I am ready to get back to a routine. So, I made a pretty long to-do list for this week.
I don't know if I will get it all done, but I have already started on several of the jobs.
I am pretty sure I have too many sewing projects to get done this week, but I guess they can just roll over to next week.

When my kids were home and it was time for chores, they all preferred I make a list. I think they interpreted a spoken request as nagging. When I did make a list, they usually got it all done really quick too.

Anyone else starting off this Monday with a to-do list?

1 comment:

  1. That is quite a list! I wonder how long it will be till you find that you are busier than ever? I feel like that after stopping working 22 years ago. It was the best thing I have done and am grateful we could. I love being home and Jos likes me being here to make our house a haven for us. You will be rewarded in many ways being home. I hope there is nothing too serious wrong healthwise. Did you have a nice visit with your parents?

    I see some sewing on that list. Be sure to do something creative for fun. I even have a quilt now I am calling the wash day quilt as I work on it only when I am waiting for the washer or dryer to shut off. We housewives have to make our chores fun!

    Hugs ~
    Heidi

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for spending some time and leaving a comment at A Home With A Smile.