Wednesday, April 9, 2008

Squash casserole and banana pudding

My parents are visiting so this seemed like a great time to make some Southern favorite recipes. Tonight our dessert was made from scratch banana pudding.
I made this Yellow Squash Casserole for the first time. I was inspired to make this because Nina's blog is featuring yellow squash this month. The casserole was great, the only thing I will change the next time is to bake it in a smaller pan. I used a 9x13 as specified in the recipe but the casserole was pretty thin, I think an 8 or 9 inch casserole would work better.

I think these white casserole dishes are so pretty. I told Nina that I would be looking at garage sales for some covered dishes and she offered to let me "borrow" some of her extras. She got 2 huge sets of Corning bakeware for wedding gifts and these were not needed by the newlyweds right now. I will be using them often.

2 comments:

  1. Enjoy your visit with your parents Rhonda! Susan in SC

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks great! Thanks for entering Vindicate the Vegetable.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for spending some time and leaving a comment at A Home With A Smile.