Wednesday, April 30, 2008

A Year of Savings - bulbs


Bulbs are a great way to have seasonal flowers. We got all our bulbs from my mother-in-law. I am not an expert but I understand than bulbs reproduce after they are planted and have to be split up and replanted every so often. So once you have a few bulbs, they will grow in to lots of plants to spread around your yard and to share.

Irises are one of my favorite flowers.



I grew up in a little town in East Texas. Most of our neighbors had nice yards and gardens. The prettiest yard belonged to Mr. and Mrs. Wright. They lived across the street from our church and just a couple of blocks from our home. Their front yard was planted with dozens of rows of irises.

Mr. and Mrs. Wright were never cranky when little girls needed to get a close-up look of their flowers either.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for spending some time and leaving a comment at A Home With A Smile.