Tuesday, June 24, 2008

Quilt for Connie's new grandbaby

My friend Connie is a not a seamstress except when she is expecting a grand baby. She swears she took 3 years of home ec in high school but she can hardly even thread a needle without instruction. With me talking her through the whole thing, we made a quilt in neutrals for her first grandson, Caleb, 7 years ago.
Connie's daughter, Jessica, is now expecting their second child, a daughter in September. Jessica has already decorated the nursery with custom bedding in black and white zebra, lime green leopard and pink polka dots so Connie wanted to match the quilt to the bedding. I talked her all the way through this one too, but she did get it machine quilted at a little quilt shop on Main Street.

I machine stitched the binding on it tonight and Connie will hand-stitch it in place. I have the scraps and plan on making some bibs for the new baby.

Jessica grew up in the 90's and I know she will really like these. It was nice to spend so much time with Connie working on this porject.

But I guess I am just too traditional, this hot pink and zebra is not my cup of tea.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for spending some time and leaving a comment at A Home With A Smile.