Monday, June 2, 2008

What's for supper

I usually work a morning shift but today I am working in the afternoon. I enjoyed my morning at home and had plenty of time to go for a walk and do some housecleaning before getting ready for work.
Supper tonight will probably be some of those 88 cent Farmland ham steaks.
Carrots are my favorite vegetable so I got a batch of them ready to cook when I get home. It is just 1.5 pounds of peeled carrots seasoned with a little salt and pepper, a sprinkle of sugar and a few pats of butter. Since it is so hot, I will probably cook them in the microwave for about 15 minutes.
We all like a big salad with supper.
I think salad is best made a few hours before the meal so it has time to re-chill in the fridge before serving.
Restaurant salads are so good because they are served chilled and sometimes on chilled plates too.

2 comments:

  1. Rhonda - my boys love carrots. I cook them in a steam and serve bag (I think that's what it is called). You just put them in the bag, throw them int he microwave, and eat! Yummy!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those carrots sure look good, I am starving. And I might take you up on your offer come this fall. We are looking to get rid of alot of debt in six months! Thanks:)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for spending some time and leaving a comment at A Home With A Smile.