Thanks so much to Em, at Bunch of Scrap Awards are fun. Em's blog is really fun too, she has some great seasonal decorations if you have time to go take a look.
Em says these are the rules for getting this award
2. Pass this award on to other bloggers
1. I gave birth to my 3 children in 3 years, all in military hospitals with absolutely no frills - as in no pain meds of any kind.
Bobby was born aboard Camp Pendleton and in the labor room, there was hole in the wall where they said a TV was going to be installed very soon. 14 months later, I was back in that same labor room with Jimmy, the hole in the wall was still there and no TV.
2. My parents names are Richard and Rowena, my 2 older brothers are Robert and Rex, both named after uncles. So I have an R name too. If I had been a boy, I would of been Rhett.
About names, I am very amused and frequently annoyed by names with weird spellings (I work in a personnel office and this week did applications for Sean-Lee, Alisonn and Kortnee)
I don't know if this story is true but I think it is pretty realistic.
OK. How would you pronounce this child's name: 'Le-a' ???
Lee - A?? NOPE
Lay - a?? NO
Lei?? Guess Again.
It's pronounced 'Ledasha' Oh yes...you read it right.
This child attends a school in Livingston Parish, LA. Her mother is
irate because everyone is getting her name wrong. SO, if you see something come across your desk like this please remember to pronounce it correctly.
When the mother was asked about the pronunciation of the name, she said 'the dash don't be silent.'
3. When I get a new magazine, I go through it and pull out all those pesky advertising cards before I read it. I passed this on to habit on 2 of my children too.
4. People tell me I look very young, I am 50. I think it is because I have young looking women in my family, I don't smoke or suntan and I have been using cold cream to cleanse my face and Ponds Moisturizer morning and night.
5. I have worn eye glasses since I was in the 3rd grade. But I can't do contacts, something about a stygmatism or something. I currently have 5 pairs of glasses, all with the same prescription. I think that is probably enough glasses for one person.
6. I get bored easily. I like to change things around. I rarely sit still and watch a movie all the way through.
Whenever I get something new, one of my kids will ask "can I have that when you get tired of it?"
I am passing this on to
Nina, my daughter, at Love Sweet Love
Dawn at A Home in the Country
Jen at Frugal VegCafe
Vanessa at Ramblings of a Texas Housewife
My next post will be my 300th blog! So I will be announcing a giveaway- it will have something to do with black and orange.