Wednesday, October 29, 2008

Fall decorating

I did a little work in the front yard this afternoon. It has turned cold in Oklahoma and is time to trim back some of the plants. I trimmed all the hostas, lilies, irises and the 2 rose bushes. This is the last bud from the red bush, I hope it did not freeze and will go ahead and open up.

While I was outside, I put out a few fall decorations.


My father in law painted this turkey on the back of an old slab painting.


We bought these little scare-crow people several years ago at Hobby Lobby. We just happened to be there when the last of the fall decorations were marked 90% off. Jeff picked these out and was so proud of himself for finding such a bargain.
They are starting to show their age but I still like them.

5 comments:

  1. Rhonda,
    Thank you so much for your encouragement, it means a lot to me. I will hopefully update after each weigh-in. I am not the best blogger but hopefully that is getting better also.
    Thanks again
    Carrie

    ReplyDelete
  2. very cute! i love the little scarecrows! and i sooo wish we had a hobby lobby where i live... i've only experienced that wonderful-ness when i visit my in-laws in texas, lol.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the decorations. You father in law is very talented. He done an awesome job on that turkey!

    ReplyDelete
  4. So cute! Don't you love it when they do their seasonal clearance! Such a good time to pick up stuff for next year.

    Manuela

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your decorations are very cute! It really makes your entrance even more beautiful and welcoming.

    Many sweet blessings!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for spending some time and leaving a comment at A Home With A Smile.