Saturday, January 12, 2008

A year of savings Day 12 - cereal

Jeff spent most of today working on my car. When he finished, he needed to take it out for a test drive. I went with him and made a trip into Food Pyramid. They had the cereal on sale for 99 cents each, limit of one per flavor. The Cheerios had a peelie on the front for buy 3 BigG cereals, get any Nature Valley bars free. Four boxes for just $2.97 is a great deal.
I also needed bread and found coupons on the Sara Lee bread, save $1 on milk when you buy one loaf. So we got 1/2 gallon of milk too.
Our total was $7.00 - in Oklahoma, we have sales tax on everything!

1 comment:

  1. I can't imagine having to pay sales tax on food!
    I hopped here from Laura Williams' Musings. Don't feel bad that CVS is sixty miles away. I heard they plan to put a CVS in every zip code. One day, you may just be sick of seeing CVS! (Although, I'd rather see them than another Starbucks, LOL!)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for spending some time and leaving a comment at A Home With A Smile.