Friday, January 4, 2008

A Year of savings Day 4 - price matching


I frequently "price-match" at Wal-mart. There are 2 grocery stores in my town that mail out weekly ads on Wednesday. I always check the ads carefully to see what is good deal and that we need.

This week IGA had boneless, skinless chicken breasts for $1.49 a pound. Their ad did not list a specific brand of chicken so I knew Wal-mart would price it. I picked up 2 5 pound packages of chicken, that regularly sell for $14.18 and after the price match, they were $7.45. ($13.46 total savings)

My Wal-mart is very easy about price matching. I always show the ad to the cashier before he/she scans the item. If the ad mentions a specific brand, then you have to buy that specific brand. Things like produce and fresh meat that don't usually have brands are even easier to price match.
I know everyone is not fond of Wal-mart but I like mine.



2 comments:

  1. Oh, I'm glad you reminded me. This week the out of the way grocery has peanut butter for .99 and I need to go to Wal-Mart anyway for batteries.
    Yeah, Wal-Mart isn't my favorite store but sometimes it's a necessity.

    Love your blog btw.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You would have sticker shock at our prices in Canada. Can you believe our boneless skinless chicken is $9/lb and the best sale price is $4.22. Lobster is cheaper....sad. I may have to take a trip to Maine.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for spending some time and leaving a comment at A Home With A Smile.