I was wondering what we were going to have for lunch on Saturday while I browsed some blogs. Lucky for me, I found the perfect recipe for a quick, easy, and low cost at Frugal Family of Five
Karen writes this new blog.
I did change up her recipe a bit. I added a sauted onion, cut the chicken into bite size pieces, added some fresh corn and just sprinkled the cheese on top instead of stirring it into the recipe.
We thought the dish was really good, Thanks Karen!
Spicy Chicken and Rice
- Using a large, deep skillet with a cover pour can of chicken broth and can of rotel into skillet.
- Stir in cup of rice.
- Lay chicken tenders on top of rice and sprinkle with garlic, salt and pepper. Go easy on the pepper if you don't like it too hot because the Rotel has a little kick to it.
- Cover and cook over medium high heat for 20 minutes or until chicken is opaque.
- Remove from heat and sprinkle with the cheese. Stir lightly until cheese melts slightly.
- Serve with whatever green you have on hand.