Sunday, June 14, 2009

what I've been working on

Nina and John both have June birthdays. They both love quilts and have asked me several times to make a king size quilt for their bed. I started on May 1 and with a little help from Jeff and Jimmy, somehow I finished this 9 feet by 9 feet blue and brown quilt in time for their birthdays.
They look pretty happy, don't they?

Visiting my parents house is kind of like going on a shopping trip where you don't need money. My mom has lots and lots of fabric, craft books, craft supplies, beads, yarn, crochet thread, etc. She always encourages me take whatever I want. When I was there, I bought back quite a few beads - just a fraction of what she has - I made these 2 necklaces and bracelets for you, Mom. I think they will both look really pretty with your green eyes.
I've had the beads all spread out on the craft table and Jimmy and Nina both said they just wanted to sit down and string some. Well, Jimmy had more time and....

He made this pretty blue one.
Mom, these necklaces are on their way to you along with some Aldi's bags and your green splatterware pan. Bert is going to deliver them to you.

9 comments:

  1. Very nice job on the quilt. You are so talented.

    ~Mrs. M

    ReplyDelete
  2. The quilt is beautiful and the birthday couple look pleased, indeed. And the jewelry is a surprise and I will look forward to receiving and wearing. This reminds me of how my grandchildren used to say when they were little "RoRo, let's make a craft." Thankfully, Mom

    ReplyDelete
  3. The quilt is beautiful! I bet you win the best mother-in-law and mother award from Jon and Nina! How sweet of you to make your mother a necklace - treasure your time with her. I really miss my mom.

    ReplyDelete
  4. You are amazing! This is from someone who knows how much work, time and love go into making a quilt. When you give one as a gift, you are giving a part of your soul, too. And to get it done in only a little over a month... amazing...

    Love the necklaces too!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Good thing Nina and John are happy in that photo or I would say I was coming over to pick it up as it would fit on my bed too...lol! You finished it so fast. How do you do that??? It is fabulous and I am sure they will love it. The necklaces are great too.

    I have started a new blog today so please stop by to say hello when you have a chance.

    Hugs ~
    Heidi

    ReplyDelete
  6. You made some really pretty jewelry! That's an amazing quilt you made! They're so lucky!

    Yes, next time I go yardsaling I'll have to get up earlier!

    Manuela

    ReplyDelete
  7. How beautiful!!!! You are so talented!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Awesome quilt! I can't believe you got it done so fast!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for spending some time and leaving a comment at A Home With A Smile.