Monday, May 19, 2008

A Year of Savings - saving on retail




It may seem like I buy everything at thrift stores or garage sales but I really do shop retail sometimes. Jeff and I both needed new shirts for summer. JCPenneys had "their biggest sale of the year" and it ended Monday. It seems to me that Penneys claims all their sales are the biggest of the season though. But this time, they had things on sale we needed.
Jeff got 4 Polo-type shirts, they are 100% cotton and have a pocket on the front for this cell phone. I got 2 girlish Polo-type shirts. Everything was buy 1 get 1 for 1 cent or buy 1 get one for 99 cents. I also used a $15 off a $75 purchase coupon.
Our 6 shirts ended up costing $71.74, averaging about $12 a shirt. The original tags on these shirts were $22, $26 and $30.

My suggestions to save money at retail stores are only shop when you need something, shop when they have sales and use store coupons.

1 comment:

  1. We really do have a lot in common. If only my JC Penny were closer. I bought almost all of my children's clothes when they were growing up at Pennys. If I had small children now, I'd buy a lot of their clothes at thrift stores and the rest at Penny's.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for spending some time and leaving a comment at A Home With A Smile.