Thursday, January 1, 2009

Happy 2009!

January is a fun month because it is a great reason to bring out this silly New Years ceramic piece of bricabrack. I found it at a thrift store, it is about a foot tall, and we can't decide if it is a girl or a boy.
But whatever it is, it is cute and it makes everybody smile.
We spent New Years Eve with Nina and John at his mother and stepdad's beautiful new home. We had pizza and salad. Nina took hot spinach and artichoke dip with pita dippers.
I got Trisha Yearwood's cookbook for Christmas from my brother and I made Cheese Straws from her recipe. They are mostly cheese, butter and flour. They are very tasty but they are not low cal, low fat, low carb or low cost!
The recipe made a lot. Jimmy took a can full of Cheese Straws to wherever he went last night and he said they all got ate.
Cheese Straws would be a good homemade food gift when you don't want to do something sweet.

2 comments:

  1. Oooo, cheese straws! My mom used to make the BEST cheese straws and they look like these! I hope you will have a lessed year filled with love and happiness!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love cheese straws, but I've never made them!

    That's such a cute little ceramic figure!

    Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for spending some time and leaving a comment at A Home With A Smile.